– It is compatible with all water based mud systems.
– Improves lubricity thereby reducing torque and drag of the drilling string.
– Seals small fractures in stressed shale formulation.
– Prevents bit and down hole assembly bailing by preferentially wetting the drill string with oil.
– Reduces the fluid loss down hole due to temperature and contributes to corrosion inhibition.
– Controls high temperature water loss.
– Reduces high temperature-high pressure (HTHP) Fluid Loss
– Improves filter cake quality and helps seal micro fractures
– Contains no surfactants
– Premixing is not required
– Reduces torque and drag
– Inhibits swelling and water-wetting of shales
– Finally sulfonated asphalt acts fully as an emulsion in water while Gilsonite will remain on top.
How to Use Sulfonated Asphalt
- – Shale control
- – Fluid loss improvement
- – Torque and drag reduction
- – Inhibition of swelling clays in all water based muds.
- – Shale stabilizing by controlling HTHP fluid loss.